I currently have the following ongoing research projects:
- Partition Backtracking Methods in Permutation Groups, with Rebecca Waldecker and Chris Jefferson
- Computational Methods for Hyperbolic Groups, with Alan Logan, Colva Roney-Dougal, and Derek Holt
- Parallelisation of Computer Algebra Algorithms, with James Mitchell
- Combinatorial Semigroup Theory, with Alan J. Cain, and Tara Brough
- Interactive tools for Discrete Algebra, with my student Manuel Martins
Further research interests of mine are geometric properties of groups and semigroups automata and formal languages, logic, type theory, and descriptive complexity.
GAP's Type System I ‒ Wednesday, 19 October 2016
GAP and its type system.
CoDiMa visit - Alan Logan in Glasgow ‒ Friday, 14 October 2016
Computing a (faithful) permutation representation of Lyons' sporadic simple group ‒ Monday, 20 June 2016
A small excursion into the ATLAS